Monday, March 8, 2010

Cowboy Up!

Both of the boys had "Western Day" at their school's recently. Isaiah LOVES to wear boots, western belt and hat so he was very excited about this particular day. Before he walked out the door for school he decided to wear his Sheriff badge. He said his best friend, Luke, also wore a Sheriff badge and that all their classmates called them "The Sheriff Brothers". Their teacher made chili and cornbread for their class to eat. Isaiah did not eat the chili (no surprise there) but actually tried the cornbread (which he won't do at home). I asked him if it was good and he said yes. I said, "See what you've been missing by not eating cornbread?" His response? "Mrs. Beane's cornbread was really good, not like the kind you make." Thanks buddy. Sam had a fun day too. Sam was excited to dress up but when I picked him up that day, his teacher told me the first thing he did when he got through the door was take his hat, bandanna, and vest off. He wanted to take his boots off too because, "they are my Bubba's boots and they hurt my feet!" His teacher managed to talk him into leaving them on. He also had "cowboy grub" at his school - hot dogs. So, "Western Day 2010" was a success.

Here are my little cowboys:

Isaiah "Toothless" Beaver
(his teeth are falling out left and right - has lost 6 so far and has another loose one)



Sam "Wild Man" Beaver (not kidding about the "wild man" part)



YEE-HAW!!!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I laughed out loud at what Isaiah said to you about the cornbread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I laughed out too when Isaiah said that about your cornbread. And Sam is so smart!

    ReplyDelete