Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break

For Spring Break, Isaiah and Samuel had the pleasure of going to Lubbock to spend time with their grandparents. Bryan met his mom in Dublin (1/2 way between Houston and Lubbock) on the Friday before Spring Break to "drop-off" the boys. From there, the boys and Ma-maw went to Wichita Falls to see their great-grands and made it to Lubbock on Sunday evening. Bryan and I really enjoyed our time with one child but we did miss our boys!!!

Lexi made her first plane trip on St. Patrick's Day and was dressed in honor of the day.



Everyone thought she was adorable and I of course agreed! She did AMAZING!!! Our flight left Hobby Airport (this will be an important piece of information later in this blog post) at noon and we arrived in Lubbock at 2:30. Because we flew on Southwest Airlines, we had to stop in Dallas but did not have to change planes (thank goodness). Lexi fell asleep just before we took off in Houston and NEVER woke up, not even when we stopped in Dallas. I even had to get up to let the people sitting beside us get off the plane, wait for the crew to get a head count of those remaining on the flight to Lubbock and then change seats (so I could be closer to the front) and she NEVER woke up. I was wishing at one point that she would wake up because the lady who sat beside me from Dallas to Lubbock (bless her heart) did not stop talking from the moment she sat down - REALLY!!! I bet I said, maybe 5 words the whole time! I was very glad to get off that plane!!! Nana was anxiously awaiting our arrival and we were so glad to see her.

The next 2 1/2 days were spent introducing Lexi to some very special family and friends. Uncle Rob (my brother), Big Zach and Hannah were waiting at my parents house before we even got there. Uncle Rob is completely smitten with Lexi and loved holding her! Thursday, the boys, Lexi and I went to Melisse's house to introduce Lexi and to let all the boys play together. Melisse is a very special friend and has two adorable boys, Cayden (4) and Cole (3). We enjoyed our visit and the boys very much enjoyed their play time. Thursday evening, I was fortunate enough to get to go out to dinner with 2 very dear friends from high school. We met at my parents house so the girls could meet Lexi and then headed to one of the best Mexican restaurants ever - Lujan's. We had a great time catching up and I miss these gals SO much. Friday was my Dad's 60th birthday and we went out to dinner that evening with my brother and some of his family to celebrate.

Saturday, we woke up to SNOW on the first day of Spring AND the day we were to go back to Houston!!! Our flight was scheduled to leave at 1:25pm. I had been checking the status all morning as we were preparing to leave. When I first checked it was 30 minutes delayed, then 1 hour delayed, then an hour and a half delayed...all before we ever even got to the airport. Even though the website showed the flight to be delayed, they tell you to arrive at the airport as if your flight was not delayed, so we arrived at 12:30. I asked if there were any passengers on standby that I could offer our seats to because we did not have to get back on Saturday. There were not. So, we waited..and waited..and waited. Luckily, the Lubbock Airport is not very big and there is a "waiting area" by where you check-in for flights. My parents waited with us to spend a little more time with the kiddos and I was SO glad they did. Our flight FINALLY left Lubbock at 4:00pm!!! Let me just tell you that I have the most amazing kids EVER! Isaiah and Samuel could not have been better. They both helped me a lot and were such big boys. Lexi was an angel as well. I fed Lexi just before we boarded the plane and again, she slept the entire way home. I had come armed with the boys PSP's and that was a smart move on my part. The flight was uneventful and went very smooth.

Remember earlier in this post I told you that we left from "Hobby Airport" and that this would be "an important piece of information later in this post"? Well, here it is...

The kiddos and I got off the plane and headed for the baggage claim area to meet Daddy. We were all watching for him and were very anxious to see him! We got down to the baggage claim area and did not see Bryan anywhere. I called him and he said he was down there but was not seeing us anywhere. I told him we were down in the Continental baggage claim area and he said, "Continental"? I said, "Bryan Beaver, don't tell me you are at Hobby Airport"! He was. He had totally forgotten that when we booked these flights, we flew out of Hobby Airport but flew back to Intercontinental Airport! These airports are roughly 45 minutes apart, without traffic! He said he would get there as fast as he could and he did. Did I mention that I have the best kids ever? My sweet little darlings just sat in the baggage claim area for 45 minutes, playing their PSP's and being so good. Lexi had a bottle and went right back to sleep. Bryan arrived in what didn't seem like very long, considering we had been "waiting" a lot that day!!! I will be honest, I was MAD at him initially but couldn't stay that way long. It was an honest mistake and he felt bad enough as it was! We finally made it home and were all ready for a good nights sleep in our own beds!!!

I'm so thankful that the Lord kept us safe in our travels and allowed us some wonderful time with family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! I have to admit, I laughed out loud at that last part of the story!!! oh BEAVER!!! What a guber! I can just see you now...steaming! You are an amazing mommy!!! What a day for you... I loved seeing you and precious Lexi, she absolutely adorable. Love you tons and can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete