Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Been A While...

Wow! It's been over 4 months since I've updated our blog. And A LOT has happened! Let's just sum it up by saying we are very glad to have 2011 in the past and are looking forward to great things in 2012!

In July (2011) we moved from Houston, back home to Lubbock. Bryan is now working with/for his dad in the furniture selling business. Bryan's dad has done this for Bryan's whole life and Bryan is really enjoying learning the ins and outs of the business. He is doing really well at the job and is enjoying it a lot. When we moved to Lubbock in July, we moved in with my parents due to not knowing what our financial situation was going to be and for how long it would be this way. While we and my parents were VERY excited to have us back home, the excitement wore of quickly with 7 people living in a 3 bedroom/2 bath house! My parents and I have always been very close but this was going to be a huge test in our relationship. It was also going to be a test to my relationship with my husband and my children. I quickly realized that my kids were getting confused. Who is the boss around here? Mommy/Daddy? Papa/Nana? There were times when I had to remind my Dad that I was there, I was their Mom and I would take care of whatever the case was at that time. We told the kids that yes, we were living in Papa's and Nana's house and they would have to abide by some "different" rules because we were living there. But, WE were still their Mommy and Daddy and WE were "in charge". Let's remember, my parents have not had small children living in their house in 35 years...a few things have changed! Their house is not child-proofed and they have some very nice things in dangerous spots. A decorative plate got broken within days of our arrival :0( Lexi was the only person in the house to have her very own room. We decided this was the best way to transition her...to have her own room at Papa's and Nana's and have it look like and exact replica of her room in Houston. It worked perfectly and she never missed a beat! Bryan and I had the spare bedroom and it was exploding at the seems with the things we needed for how ever long we were there. The boys slept on the couch pullout bed, together. It is a queen size mattress so it was fine for them however, they were right in the middle of the living room and Dad and Mom get up early and weren't used to having to be quiet while getting ready for work in the mornings. The boys started school at the end of August so this made things a little easier with them having to be up in the mornings and then not being in the house to destroy it (not really) for the majority of the day. There were several nights I would be praying and begin crying because while I love and appreciated my parents letting us live with them, I wasn't sure how much longer we could do this. I'm almost positive my parents had the same thoughts, but they would never utter these words. Well...we made it! As of January 1, 2012, we have our VERY OWN PLACE!!! We were/are ALL elated!!! And yes, if you've done the math, we lived with my parents for almost 6 months!!! It is so nice to have our own space, own rooms, own furniture, watch our favorite shows again :0), etc, etc, etc. The other nice thing...our new place is only 3 blocks away from Papa's and Nana's! The boys have already ridden their bikes to and fro (with me following along side, of course).

So, now you're caught up with us and our lives, so to speak. The boys are doing very well in school. I am working 2 days a week at the Kids Day Out that Lexi attends and she and I are loving it. Bryan, as I said earlier, is really liking his new job and doing very well at it. So, Happy New Year, albeit a tad bit late. I hope 2012 is a fantastic year for us all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment