Thursday, July 30, 2009

Doctor Visit #2

I had my second check up this morning and got to HEAR the baby's heartbeat!!! It was a wonderful sound! I was a little worried at first because it took the doctor a little while to "find" the baby and hear the heartbeat. When she did she said, "There's your baby. It sounds like a boy or a girl. I haven't delivered one yet that wasn't a boy or a girl!" She's quite the comic. On another note, I woke up yesterday with a stuffy nose and sinus pressure. Then, this morning my throat was very sore along with the symptoms from yesterday. I told my doctor about this and about my history with strep throat and she immediately wrote me a script for a Z-pak (sp). I filled the script, took my first days dose and am already feeling better. YEA for medication that actually helps!!! I'm beginning to "show" too. This of course is most visible to me as I am very aware of any changes in my body. I'm thankful that I'm fairly tall so I tend not to get terribly big even though my babies do (Isaiah was 9 lbs. and Samuel was 8 lbs.)! I have a long torso too so the baby has a lot of room in there although by 8 months pregnant, it doesn't feel like there's ANY room left! My "week 14" has come early. If you've read my previous post you'll know that I was experiencing some nausea, severe fatigue, and very low energy. I titled that post "Come On Week 14" as this is the magical week when these "morning sickness" symptoms usually subside. Well, 2 days after posting that I started feeling much better! I still get tired at points during the day (what mom doesn't) but my energy is returning and my nausea has subsided! I actually returned to the gym this past Monday after a 3 month "vacation" due to the issues and treatment I was having with my back. I went to one of the classes I enjoy so much and did fairly well for my "first time back." BUT, I haven't been able to go back this week because I am still SO SORE!!! By Tuesday, I could hardly walk up the stairs let alone sit down on the potty! It was quite pitiful. Most of my body has recovered but my thighs and hamstrings are still pretty darn sore. I am determined this time though to keep exercising. I was lucky with Isaiah and Samuel to get back into shape fairly quickly. But I am older now and the body just tends not to respond as well as we age!!!

So, there's an update on me and baby #3.

Baby #1 and #2 are doing just fine too (for those of you wondering)!

Quick funny comment by Isaiah:
Last night Isaiah was trying to get Daddy to shoot some hoops with him and Daddy was not moving as fast as Isaiah would've liked. Isaiah said, "Come on Dad. Basketball's don't shoot themselves!" HE CRACKS ME UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment