Monday, July 20, 2009

Come On Week 14!!!

Wow, this pregnancy is SO different from my previous two! It is really kicking my booty! About week 6 I started experiencing nausea which I didn't have with Isaiah or Samuel. I also began to feel very tired. I cannot drink any diet drink except Sprite Zero, and a lot of the foods I normally eat are repulsive to me now. I am very rarely ever hungry but do eat because it's necessary for the baby (and me). When I do eat, I get full very quickly and then feel bad because I'm full! UGH!!! All of these things are "normal" I know, but they are NOT "normal" for ME! I cannot stand to be home all day, every day and for the past 4 weeks that has pretty much been my life! I have little to no energy and just generally don't feel well. I am just over 10 weeks (as the counter at the top of the blog page shows) and am counting down the days until week 14. This beloved week is the beginning of the 2nd trimester and is the point at which most, if not all, of the symptoms mentioned above "magically" disappear!!! I pray this is the case for me. Now, I need to say that this pregnancy is by no means horrible, just completely different than I'm used to! The only symptoms I had with Isaiah and Samuel (their womb time was identical) was heartburn. This was wonderfully controlled by Prilosec OTC. But, I had energy, wasn't tired, wanted to be on the go all the time, could eat anything (and DID), etc. When I tell people about this they all say the same thing, "This means it's a little girl this time!" While I would LOVE to take their statements as truth and believe that God shared this information with them before He shared it with me, I'll have to wait until my 20 week ultrasound to confirm it! I'll be honest that from the moment I saw the "pregnant" result on the stick I was (and still am) hoping for a little girl. I have such an amazing relationship with my Mom that I cannot imagine NOT having that with a little girl of my own. That said, I will be completely happy with whatever God has chosen to bless us with. I love my two boys so much and another little guy would fit right in (although I might go insane having to clean up after 3 - make that 4- boys)!!! So, I am rolling with the punches as far as the pregnancy symptoms go and praising God that He has decided to bless our family with another precious baby! I hope week 14 is all it's cracked up to be!? I'll let you know!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm I'm torn for you! LOL! On one hand, I know your pain. But on the other hand, you didn't feel bad with the first two. I'm kinda jealous!

    I won't tell you what week I started feeling better.

    I hope you get your wish, but I know you will be the bestest mommy and love him/her no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, And I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete