Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Proud Big Brother...

Today was my first time to take Sam to school since Lexi was born. Sam was SO excited to know that Lexi was going with us to take him to school! It was somewhat of a chore to get myself, Sam and Lexi ready but we made it without any problems! When we got to the church, Sam was adamant that I not carry Lexi in her carrier, but rather HE wanted to push her in the stroller. So, I agreed and off we went to his class. Everyone he saw (that he knows) he would say, "Hey, my baby was born! Here she is, look at her! This is my sister, Lexi!" He is SO proud of his new little sister and wants EVERYONE to know. I love it!

Another thing Sam is adamant about... Sam does not want to be referred to as "Bubba" to Lexi. To Sam, "Bubba" is Isaiah because that's what Sam calls him. The first time I referred to Sam as Bubba to Lexi, he told me, "I'm not Bubba, I'm Sam!" I told him that he was Lexi's Bubba too. He said, "But, I don't want her to call me Bubba. I want her to call me Sam." I've made the mistake a few times since then and called him Bubba to Lexi. He will either say, "Ugh Mom, you called me Bubba," or he will just cock his head and give me the "stare" until I correct myself! Sam knows what he wants and has no problem telling you about it! I love this kiddo!

This picture was taken the day after Lexi was born and is (and always will be) one of my most favorite photos!!!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the good laugh! I love that kid. He cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great picture!! Lexi is so lucky to have her Bubba and her Sam!!! I hope he is that proud of her in 10-15 years! ;)

    ReplyDelete