Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Catch Up

Wow, it's been a while since my last post, which was a video of Lexi rolling over. She is way beyond this now! Matter of fact, she is a month older, has a tooth, is eating baby food twice a day, rolls over, is on the verge of sitting up unassisted, etc, etc, etc. I'll write more about Lexi in a couple of weeks when she has had her 6 month check-up. Yes, I said 6 months!!! I know, I can hardly believe it either.

Meanwhile, here's what we've been up to:

We have a new house...



This pic was taken on my iPhone so it's not the best quality.
I love our new house. It's 4 bedroom, so all the kiddos have their own rooms.
There is also a huge play room upstairs which serves as play room/office for us.
It's a brand new home, which for those that know me, I'm all about "new"!


Now, there is a reason we moved. July 11, 2010 was the last Sunday at Faith Community Church, the church Bryan has been pastoring for the past two and a half years. Several months ago, we as a church body decided to plant a new church, in a different location. We are now meeting in a junior high school, southwest of where FCC is located. Now, we lived a fair piece north of where FCC is located, so we definitely were not closer to our new meeting place. We needed to be closer to our new location...hence the move. By the way, our new church name is Mission Church and you can check out our website at: missionchurchhouston.com if you'd like. We are very excited about it!!!

Back to the move...
Two days after we moved to the new place, my parents came to visit for their vacation. They also brought Isaiah home, who had been in Lubbock for 3 weeks visiting. So, Isaiah came "home" to a new house. He was very excited to see his new room but had no idea which one was his. He asked, "Sam, can you show bubba where my new room is?" Sam was more than happy to oblige. I am proud to say that we were ready for our company. We worked like crazy not to have boxes everywhere when Dad and Mom came. We did save a few things for Dad to do...hang the living room ceiling fan, pictures, towel racks, etc. My Dad, like me, is super anal about things being hung straight, so for he and I to do these things together (sans the ceiling fan - he was on his own there) was the perfect way to get it done right! Sunday was July 4th, so we went to church, then to a party held by one of our church family's, then to watch some fireworks. Having moved, we had no idea where to go to see fireworks. Turns out, we got lucky and saw some of the best ones we've seen in a long time, right down the street!!! AND, we had a front row view from our car!!! Here's the only pic "I" managed to get on the 4th...




Again, this was taken on my iPhone, so it's not the best quality. BUT, still an adorable pic!
(I'm waiting on my Dad to send me the rest of the pics from their vacation.)

Three days after the arrival of my parents, my brother, his wife and four of their kids came to town. They were on their way to Galveston for their vacation and stayed a couple of nights with us before heading down to the beach. Let me just say that Case De Beaver was filled to capacity for a few nights! It was so nice though, to have my whole family (well, minus one niece) under my roof for the first time ever. Mom, Dad, Isaiah, Sam and I went to NASA with my brother and his family and had a great time. Then, a couple days later the five of us drove down to Galveston to meet my bro and fam again and spend some time on the beach. It was a beautiful day and everyone except Isaiah, Sam and my Mom successfully managed to get scorched by the sun! My pour Dad was in so much pain the next day! Then, Sunday rolled around (all be it, too quickly) and back to Lubbock Mom and Dad went.

So, it's been close to 2 weeks and I think we are finally past our "Papa and Nana withdrawals". Now we are enjoying our new house, new neighborhood and most importantly our neighborhood pool! Although, currently Isaiah is suffering from a pretty bad case of Swimmers Ear so we aren't swimming this week.

Summer...it's a wonderful time of year!!!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the house!!! WOW!! I want to come visit!!! I miss you so much! SOunds like July has been busy and crazy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete