Friday, August 27, 2010

1st Grade

It's so hard to believe I now have a 1st grader!

Here is Isaiah on his first day of 1st grade...



Here he is standing by the school mascot statue...a Rhino (a.k.a. Rockin Rhino)



This is not the school Isaiah attended kindergarten at. If you remember my previous post, we moved! We are now in Katy ISD and have heard only wonderful things about it, so we decided to give it a try this year. Isaiah was out of town when I registered him for school. I called him to let him know he was officially a Rylander Rhino and his response was, "a RHINO"? He was a cougar last year and that sounded a little better than a rhino, I guess. We met his teacher the Wednesday before school started and she is very nice. Isaiah said, after now having completed a whole week of school, that he really likes Ms. Kenny. We are looking forward to a GREAT year.

Another change this school year...



Yep! Isaiah is riding the bus (that's him going up the steps). I was very hesitant about this but pulled myself together and decided to let him give it a try. The bus stops on our corner (only 2 houses down!), so it is VERY convenient. Of course, I dropped him off and picked him up on the first day but he has ridden the bus all the other days this week. He made a new best friend on the bus, who is also in 1st grade but a different class. By the way, this particular school Isaiah is attending has TEN 1st grade classes!!! Quite the difference as his school last year has only TWO! Anyway, he told me yesterday that his friend upset him. I asked why and he said, "because he promised to sit in the middle with me and he went all the way to the back". If only all of life's disappointments were this small! They must have resolved their "issues" because they were sitting together again today :0).

We're off to a great start this school year and we look forward to all it has in store!

And just so this post is not ALL about Isaiah...



Waiting for Big Bubba to get off the school bus!

1 comment: