Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bye Bye Formula

This morning I threw away our last can of formula...EVER!!! No, I am not sad about this. Yes, I want Lexi to take "growing up" at a turtle's pace but when it comes to things like formula, water, bottle liners, etc. I'll gladly give them up when she does. For the last 3 weeks we've been mixing her formula with whole milk. We started out with 4 oz of formula, mixed with 1 oz of whole milk. Then it was 3 oz of formula with 2 oz whole milk. As of today, she is at 2 oz of formula with 3 oz of whole milk. She has tolerated it fine and interestingly enough is sleeping better!!! I would not classify her as a bad sleeper at all, but for what has seemed like f-0-r-e-v-e-r she has not been sleeping soundly at night. The last 2 nights however, she has slept from 8am to 8pm without waking. I am SUPER excited about this and pray that it continues. So, bye bye formula and hello whole milk. Next up...sippy cup instead of bottles. She is already transitioning into this and is doing pretty good.






No comments:

Post a Comment