Monday, August 31, 2009

My Sweet Boy

Every night (except Friday's) the boys go to bed at 8:00pm. So, last night Bryan put them to bed and then he and I watched some tv. About 9:30 or so I decided to go on up to bed. I always check on the boys before heading to bed. I stopped in Isaiah's room, repositioned and recovered him, kissed him on the cheek and out I went. Next, I went to Sam's room. Sam has bunk beds and depending how he feels on a particular night he sleeps on the top or bottom bed. This night he had decided to sleep on the top bunk. I stepped up onto the bottom bunk so I could reposition, recover, etc. Well, I couldn't see Sam. Right then, I heard a giggle. I threw back the covers and Sam rolled over to say, "Hey, what are you doin' in here (with a big grin on his face)?" I started laughing and said, "What are YOU still doing awake?" His response, "Silly, Mommy!" I got him situated and as I was kissing and hugging him (again) he smiled and said, "Mommy, we have a great family!" I melted! "Yes, we do Sam, yes we do!"

Then, today as I was putting on his tennis shoes he said, "Mommy, you're the greatest! I love you so much!" Man, I love this little guy!!!


1 comment: