Sunday, October 11, 2009

Isaiah's 6th B-day


Isaiah turned 6 years old on October 1. I cannot believe he is 6 years old!!! I vividly remember how overwhelmed I was the day he was born. We were living in the Chicago area and my parents and Bryan's parents had come to town for the birth of their grandson. I was due on September 26, 2003 and on September 29, I went to the doctor for a check-up since I had not gone into labor yet. My blood pressure was elevated and my ankles were swollen. My doctor told me to go home and rest and to call later that evening if the swelling had not gone down. So what did I do??? I went shopping! I was GOING to have that baby while my family was in town. Sure enough, about 7 o'clock that evening, my swelling had not gone down (thanks to me), we called the doctor and were instructed to come to the hospital so I could be checked. Bryan and I went to the hospital alone as we REALLY thought we'd be coming back home. I should tell you that the hospital policy at that time was that I could not be induced unless it was medically necessary until I was 2 WEEKS PAST MY DUE DATE!!! Yes, you read that correctly. So, we go to the hospital and after being checked they tell me that since my blood pressure had not gone down any, I was going to be admitted and the induction would start. SUCCESS!!! I had not started the labor process AT ALL so a medication was used to "get me ready" and it would take 12 hours, then pitocin would be started. So 9am the following morning (October 1) my induction officially started. Isaiah was born at 7:28pm that evening. The process was slow but not painful as I had an epidural and it worked wonderfully. Isaiah Alan Beaver weighed 9 lbs. and was 19 inches long. He was perfect! We were a family of 3! Looking back, I was so overwhelmed with becoming a first time mommy. There were so many "unknowns" and I did not know HOW I was going to do it without my mom or Bryan's mom around to help. Bryan's parents had to leave the day after Isaiah was born for work reasons. My parents were able to stay 2 days after we came home from the hospital but then had to go back home too. I was devastated!!! But, due to circumstances beyond our control, Bryan and I moved back home to Lubbock when Isaiah was 10 days old!!! I was ecstatic!!! Those first few months were hectic but manageable because I had my family to help me through them! The bond that Isaiah formed with his grandparents from 10 days old until 4 years old (when we moved to Houston) is priceless!!! I am so thankful for my Isaiah and for the little boy he has grown into. He is SO much like me, it's not even funny. He is very organized. He loves to help me fold laundry and gets frustrated if he doesn't do it perfectly. His clothes HAVE to match. One day his daddy laid him out an outfit to wear and it was a shirt that was predominately navy blue with black shorts (a HUGE fashion faux pas in mommy's book). Isaiah politely told his daddy that he could not wear those shorts with that shirt because navy blue and black DO NOT go together!!! THAT'S MY BOY! He also LOVES sports. As little guy he never played with cars, blocks or anything like that. He only played with balls. He has so many sport outfits I can't even begin to count them. He was able to put one of these outfits to use last spring when he played t-ball for the first time. He loved it and was pretty darn good at it! He is now playing flag football and loves it too. He is growing up WAY TOO fast but we are enjoying EVERY moment of it!



Happy 6th Birthday Isaiah! Mommy and Daddy love you SO much and are SO proud of you!!!







2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Isaiah. I think he LOOKS just like you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love him so much! I have SO many memories of him as a sweet baby boy...can't believe he is 6 years old! That first move back to Lubbock when he was 10 days old was not only a blessing for you...it was a major blessing for us! I still think of Bryan's first Sunday School class...the picture he drew on the whiteboard???? :) He'll never live that down!!! LOVE YOU!! And SOOOOO ready to meet that sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete