Monday, November 30, 2009

Showers of Blessings

Our family had the pleasure of going "home" for a few days for Thanksgiving and some much needed "family time." Oh how we miss our friends and family back in the Hub City!

I have some very dear friends who got together and gave Lexi and I a shower while we were in town. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends who would do this for me and my little girl! Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart!!!

Below are just a few of the items we received...




























































Then, Monday (the 23rd) was my birthday. Bryan, the boys, my parents, and Bryan's parents all took me out to dinner at one of my favorite Japanese restaurants. I'll admit that we have found better Japanese cuisine here in Houston!!! The company was the best part!!! I received a silver "M" necklace and stud earrings from Isaiah (he picked them out himself) and Santa earrings from Sam (he too picked these out himself)!!! Bryan, my parents and his parents all got together and gave me cash. I received enough to get the tennis shoes I've been wanting for a few months AND an iPhone!!! I got my iPhone while we were still in Lubbock because I just couldn't wait!!! Patience is not a virtue God blessed me with!!! My shoes however, I had to order. I knew what they cost and was hoping they would be on sale on Black Friday. I was RIGHT!!! They were $30 off but they didn't have my size (in the color combo I wanted). So, I ordered them (in Lubbock) at this sale price and they came in the mail TODAY!!! I love them!!!
Thursday was Thanksgiving Day and what a wonderful day it was! My brother and his kids and wife came over along with Bryan's parents. We had WAY too much to eat and LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!! As all of the rest of you are I'm sure, I am SO blessed with the family God has allowed me to be a part of (mine AND the one I married into). After lunch, we looked over the sale ads and mapped out where we wanted to go on Black Friday!!!
Friday morning (Black Friday) my mom and I left the house at 6am and headed to Wal-Mart. I actually prayed before we left the house that we would have good shopping luck - WE DID!!! I won't bore you all with the details of our shopping from 6am to 1:30pm but it WAS productive!!! I was able to get all of my shopping for my brother and his family done as we had to leave it all in Lubbock because we won't be going back for Christmas this year. My mom got her shopping done for the boys and sent it home with me to wrap and put under our tree. My parents will be coming in to town on Christmas Eve so we do have that to look forward to!
Saturday morning came WAY TOO QUICKLY and it was time to head back to Houston!!! We left Lubbock at 8am and pulled into our driveway at 4:50pm. It was a WONDERFUL trip and we made some more WONDERFUL memories! Next year there will be one more little Beaver to make memories with!!! We all can't wait!!!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time here in Lubbock. I wish we could see you more often...like on a regular basis! I can't believe you braved Wal-Mart on Friday morning. We were there at 5:30 and had ZERO luck!! The lines were insane!!! Keep us updated on Miss Lexi!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete