Thursday, November 5, 2009

Under 100

We are now under 100 days until our little girl is "due" to come into this world!!! I am 26 weeks pregnant and feeling every bit of it!!! My back is hurting, I am tired, and my weight keeps creeping up! But, I know what all of this leads to and I will endure it all with a smile for my little girl.

I had a doctor appointment today and all is going well. Lexi is growing just as she should be and my doctor said I am doing "beautifully." I told her I was glad SHE thought so. I told her I had been having some "cramping" and asked if this was just my uterus expanding and she shook her head, "yes." She said my uterus is "cranky" because this is my third pregnancy and it (my uterus) is not very happy about it. I laughed. She also showed me a couple of stretches to do for my back and said I could continue having adjustments with my chiropractor. I have an appointment with him tomorrow and am really hoping to get some relief. I go back on the 30th for the dreaded Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT). I am not looking forward to it OR to not being able to eat anything after midnight the night before!!!

I did get a bit of "bad" news. We were talking about scheduling my next doctor visit and I informed my doctor that I would be out of town for Thanksgiving. She said that would be my last trip and that after 30 weeks I was "grounded." WHAT??? "What about Christmas travel?" I asked. She said my family will have to come to me after that point!!! This was very hard news for me to hear. My family has a tradition at Christmas time. The entire side of my mom's family gets together at my grandparents house in Duncan, Oklahoma to have a big celebration and exchange gifts. We have done this EVERY year since I was born and I have NEVER missed it!!! Bryan even works his vacation time around this event every year!!! It's a big deal. Of course, I understand "why" and so does the family but it's still very hard to believe we won't be there this year! So, I am REALLY going to enjoy my time at "home" this month for Thanksgiving as it will obviously be my last "trip" for quite some time.

So, 13-14 weeks is all we have left of this, our third pregnancy! I am hoping "13" since the doctor seems to think my little girl will be a big one! I am hoping to be induced at 39 weeks unless Lexi has other plans and should decide to come sooner!!! With my history, I don't think this will be the case. My babies seem to like to stay in the "oven" until they are forced to come out! I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad everything is going well! I am really excited about seeing you soon. I tried to call you the other day, but I must have the wrong number. I was going to tell you about my own little doctors appointment. :) Call me!

    ReplyDelete