Thursday, January 21, 2010

37 Week Appointment

I had my weekly doctor visit today and am 37 weeks pregnant (well tomorrow, technically). Anyhow, here is what my doctor had to say...

As she was measuring my belly...
Doctor: "She has dropped considerably! Look how much room you have up here (pushing softly at the top of my abdomen). How tall are you?"

Me: "5'9""

Doctor: "And, how big was your largest baby?"

Me: "9 lbs."

Doctor: (feeling my belly top and bottom and squeezing the sides) "Well, unless you're hiding her really well, she won't be over 9 lbs."

Me: "Great!" (hoping I'm not hiding her very well)

Now on to the internal exam...

Doctor: "You are already 2 cm dilated and very soft; it could be any day now!"

Me: "Really?"

Doctor: "Yes ma'am! So, I'll see you next week if I don't see you sooner!"

Me: "Okay!"

My next appointment is scheduled for next Thursday, January 28. I know that I can stay at 2 or 3 cm dilated for the remaining 2 weeks and few days until the scheduled induction. But, I also know that I could go into labor tonight! I guess I should get my bag packed!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you, bryan, and the boys. I bet she'll be a cutie pie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete