Sunday, January 17, 2010

So Very Blessed

Wow! I am overwhelmed by the love and generosity of the people of our church. This afternoon, the ladies of Faith Community Church held a baby shower for our precious baby girl. It was such a great time of fellowship and fun. We had wonderful hors d'oeuvres, fresh fruit and delicious punch. For dessert we had a beautiful, HUGE Italian cream cake that said, "Welcome Baby Girl!" It was delicious and we will be eating on it for quite a while!!! Then, we played a couple of games that were a lot of fun - thanks Kim. Gifts were the final touch. Let me just say that little miss Lexi Lee is already a very blessed little girl. We got clothes, bottles, pacifiers, bibs, diapers, blankets, a play mat, stroller, mattress and the list goes on and on! The Grandmas got the baby bedding and it is ADORABLE!!! My aunt also made Lexi a quilt to match here bedding and it is gorgeous. It was a wonderful afternoon and I am so very grateful for such a wonderful, loving church family.

My parents were able to come in for the weekend but had to go back home today after the shower. I am so thankful that they are able to come so often and share these wonderful times with us. Now I'm home, propping up my swollen ankles and watching the Golden Globe Awards. I'm looking forward to going through and putting away all of the things we received today tomorrow. One thing we did do before my parents had to leave was put the bedding together. My mom really wanted to see it before she left. It is PERFECT! Here's a couple of pics.

Lexi's Crib & Bedding:



Another view:
(the quilt my aunt made is folded there, laying on the sheet - see how well it matches):



The letters I painted (thank you Sarah for making the bows for me):
These are hanging over the changing table.



Everything is coming together and in 22 days (or less) we'll have our little girl to use all this wonderful stuff on!!!

Lexi Lee you are already so loved and incredibly blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I love the bedding! Very cute. I can't wait to see Ms. Lexi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bedding! Very Cute! And the letters came out perfect! I can't wait to meet the cutie-pa-tootie all this is for!

    ReplyDelete