Monday, January 11, 2010

Hospital Tour

Yesterday Bryan and I went to the Labor & Delivery Tour at the hospital where we will be having Lexi. The hospital just opened this new area on December 5, 2009. For those of you who don't know, I love just about anything NEW!!! We were very impressed. Everything was so clean and "fresh" looking. We started out in a big conference room with all the other couples that had registered for this tour. There were some interesting couples! There were even two men who came without their wives!? That is just weird to me! I guess at least they cared! I say this because there was one couple that you could tell was VERY obvious the husband (or Daddy at least) DID NOT want to be there and didn't care about any of it! I hope this is no indication as to the type of father he will be but sadly, it probably is. Anyway, the nurse leading the tour asked us all to go around the room and introduce ourselves, tell who our doctor is, and tell our due date. There were about 3 of us due in the next few weeks, about 3 who are due in March, and 2 due in April. There was a young girl there with her husband (who was pushing her in a wheelchair), mother and mother-in-law. When they came in I thought to myself, "I wonder what she is doing at this tour?" because she did not look pregnant at all. When it got to her turn to introduce herself she said, "My name is ______ , my doctor is ______ and I am due in July but they will be here in June; I'm having triplets!" WOW, 3 at once!!! She is about 14-15 weeks pregnant and has been put on bed rest (the reason for the wheelchair). She is a tiny little thing but won't be for long! God bless her! So, after the introductions, the leader went over things that were kind of a "refresher" for Bryan and I and we laughed and reminisced throughout this portion. We then got to tour a labor and delivery room, the nursery and a patient room. All of these were very nice. The patient rooms are all private rooms and have flat screens and DVD players in all rooms. They are large too which is always nice.

Being the "planner" that I am, the tour was good for me. I kept thinking at each stop, "in 4 weeks (or less) I'll be occupying one of these rooms," or "Lexi will be IN this nursery soon!" It won't be long now and I am SO ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment